HERE ARE SOME TOP TIPS TO CONSIDER WHEN PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR COVER LETTER
• Refer back to the job profile to pick out a few of the qualities and competencies the employer is looking for and provide evidence of how you meet them.
• Do not rewrite your CV. Highlight what you have to offer, be clear and concise. Ensure your letter is never more than a page long
• The structure of the letter should include:
1. Your name and contact details, the name and job title of the recipient, company name and address and date
2. A formal salutation
3. The subject matter to include the job title you are applying for and any reference number provided
• Be positive – try to convey how motivated and enthusiastic you are and do not include negative comments. Also make sure you end the letter on a positive note by reiterating your confidence in meeting the requirements of the role and indicate that you would like the opportunity of discussing your suitability for the role in more detail at interview
• Finally, make sure your covering letter is clearly laid out with no typos or spelling errors. Do this and, compared to many job seekers, you’ll already stand out as an impressive candidate!